Artificial turf is maintenance-friendly, but certainly not maintenance-free. In order to keep artificial turf in good condition, good maintenance is necessary. Proper day-to-day and specialist maintenance has a positive influence on the lifespan and playing characteristics of the pitch.
Maintenance is essential to keep the artificial turf pitch in optimal condition. Concluding a multi-year maintenance contract has a number of advantages for a sports pitch manager.
We distinguish three types of maintenance: day-to-day maintenance, specialist maintenance
and the J&E Sports Custom concept.
- Financial security
- Quality assurance
- Expert expertise
This involves litter, but also the removal of leaves, seeds, needles, and weeds. Within the environmental legislation, these activities are carried out in accordance with the guidelines of the BSNC. This is to prevent rubber granulate from ending up in the environment.
This is essential to keep the pitch level and it reduces the risk of algae, mosses, and weeds. Because cleaning agents and pesticides are no longer allowed to be used, brushing becomes more and more important.
CONTROL PITCH AND TOPPING UP
During day-to-day maintenance, the pitch itself (seams and lines) must also be checked for defects. Dots and areas that have been played on intensively should be refilled regularly. As soon as real defects are found, the supplier must be informed immediately in order to repair the defects.
Upon delivery of a pitch, the sports pitch manager receives instruction and manual for day-to-day maintenance. In this manual, everything is described in detail. If in doubt, of course, the supplier can always be contacted for advice.
During specialist maintenance, the pitch is taken care of by our professionals with professional equipment and machines. The following activities are carried out:
- Around the pitch weeds and moss will be removed in the side containment and tile edge
- Replace infill to intensively played locations
- Check seams and lines for loose pieces
- Decompacting and deep cleaning of the infill
- Distribution, brushing and locally refilling of sand and infill
- Testing the ball roll and bounce
- Testing of shock absorption (testen van schok absortie)
- Measuring fiber height and checking of seams and lines
- Pitch monitoring in the maintenance report and logbook
J&E CUSTOM CONCEPT
J&E Sports offers total concepts for the maintenance of artificial turf pitches. As a sports park manager, you can enter into a multi-year customized contract, under which we can provide specialist maintenance as well as day-to-day maintenance of the accommodation. You also have the possibility to choose modules from this contract to fit your needs.
WHY A CUSTOMISED CONTRACT?
- No investment in people and equipment
- Exclusively carried out by specialists
- Maintenance is always carried out at the correct intervals
- Favourable rate with a fixed price
- Repairs, partial renovations, and revitalization are carried out by specialists
- Pitch monitoring (performance, wear, and contamination) by specialists
- Knowledge of the latest machines and artificial turf constructions
- Direct contact with the specialist
ATHLETICS TRACK CLEANER
In order to provide our clients with a better service, J&E Sports continues to invest in state of the art athletics track cleaners. After treatment with this specialist cleaner, every athletics track looks like new again.